View technorati.com Add to Technorati Favorites

Friday, February 03, 2006

Rhetorical punches

One afternoon of late my beloved was talking with one of his bosses about the
Gallery Crawl every month although he had written about it about a dozen times in the past
few years, He said 'You need to get out and buy some art, like so and so," a philanthropist he had recently interviewed. The boss snorted. "Listen, I went to the So and SO Gallery that time and bought a nice piece of art." Whereupon Mr. Beloved replied, "But did you go there when
Mrs Beloved had her work up?" Bosses eyes got big, "I didn't know Mrs Beloved had her art there."

Mr. Beloved said, "She has, a few times."

Said boss busied himself with his envelope stuffing as he said, "Well,
Mrs Beloved's art is...deep, it's deep art. I'm a beach chairs between umbrellas
kind of person. I'm not a deep art kind of person."

Ouch. What a relief! Ouch!!! Read it and weep. At least the boss knows what he is, and
doesn't pretend.

Its a curse, I think. Caring about something more than beach chairs between umbrellas.
I've often wished I could be satisfied just painting flowers or landscapes or as Jack Beal promotes "Breakfast and Babies!" Of course there are paintings of flowers abd landscapes that I'd love to look at forever! Life might be a lot easier if I could spend my time only painting such subjects.

1 Comments:

Blogger ..................... said...

wooo, deeeep arrrrt...
btw, do you do dog portraits?
heh?

2/03/2006 8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home