View technorati.com Add to Technorati Favorites

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Miss Sue


"Now, Miss Sue don't you start doing anything around here that you don't wanna keep on doing..."

- Will Issac, the son of a share cropper who worked on my grandfather's farm giving advice to my Mother when she was a new bride and spending her first weekend with her new in-laws.

My mom said this was good advice and very timely since she is restoring my kitchen to order after the holiday festivities. (Leg of lamb was ok!)

2 Comments:

Blogger ..................... said...

Sage advice indeed.
I can't get this visual image out of my head:
Your mom cleaning counters, my mom cleaning floors by bending over, licking the tip of her finger and lifting each crumb that way...which is indeed how she proceeded to clean our floor.

the word verification seems oddly appropriate: stirjwvq

12/27/2005 1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah. I think the "help" is often the most reliable source of wisdom when it comes to administering institutions, big families, etc.

12/27/2005 8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home