View technorati.com Add to Technorati Favorites

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Flickering Flame


Its very difficult staying focused this year. The aftermath of losing the Harveys has taken hold of our friends and city. A candlelight vigil last night was appropriated into a political ralley for the media with bright lights and an amplification system playing God Bless America. This took place in front of the Harvey's home where their lives were taken from them. It made me angry. Friends of the family who came prepared with candles and musical instruments just turned around and left in disgust.

I heard someone fumbling at our front door and I opened it and it was my beloved standing there weeping. It is just too much...too horrible...too sad.

Hence, I have made nary a resolution, though I am working hard to prepare for a flight out of here on Monday. I'd feel better if my damn passport had arrived. That's ANOTHER story.

2 Comments:

Blogger ..................... said...

Yes, we also saw TV news report about the Harvey's on the Abrams Report. Really shocking news, even though we don't live there.
But this couple was also familiar to Mr S. I guess, that's due to the fact that we having been coming for by so many years.
On the other hand, there's nothing quite like the adrenaline rush when you expect your passport to arrive at the last minute.
Hope your new tenant will work out well.

1/05/2006 4:18 PM  
Blogger Foilwoman said...

I read about this in the paper here. A tragedy. My condolences on your (and your community's) loss.

1/06/2006 10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home