View technorati.com Add to Technorati Favorites

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Nov: too many things and not enough clock


I don't know where November was hiding...maybe on the hard drive that crashed a few weeks ago. We counted our blessings this Thanksgiving, although I must admit I was a little homesick for my family... the problem is I get homesick form something that doesn't exist anymore. A trip to my native land means driving across the state to visit my parents who live in different cities and relatives that live at the end of rural roads scattered all over the state... and that doesn't include a visit to my hometown or alma mater where people I actually have something in common with live. I've learned that the holidays aren't the best time to drive across the continent to see relatives that don't travel... the question is when is the best time?

As time passes I my list grows. There is much to do before I leave in early January. If I think about it too much it will keep me awake at night. I don't know how much any of it matters... which may be why I try not to stress about it. I wish I were more like our neighbor's daughter who has the gift of being able to sleep anywhere. She's crashed in the photo above, with the rest of the world spinning around her. I bet she is too big for that safety seat now, but not too big for a nap anytime she feels like it.

Things that do matter but I will try not to lose sleep over:
*seeing my family before I leave for Paris
*renting the apartment downstairs before the end of the year
*taking care of the Subaru and Landcruiser by the end of the year
*book my beloved's trip to Paris
*have a nice holiday with Harry to make up for last year when I was out of the country
*prepare garden and classes for my return in late April
*making more time to write and get my work together for the show at the painting
center in Soho
*pack for two seasons in Paris

There are many things I've wanted to write about over the past month...I hope I'll have time to catch up before the holidays wreak havoc with me...

1 Comments:

Blogger ..................... said...

I'm glad you had time to blog....
I also miss my extended family over the holidays. I know I am lucky to have my mother here, my immediate family plus in-laws, but everybody who is related to me lives hundreds of miles, if not a whole continent away. I wished we could have visited over Thanksgiving, but as it turns out the children were sick.

12/01/2005 4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home