View technorati.com Add to Technorati Favorites

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Disconnected

I've been wondering if it is time to reconnect with my family, friends and peer groups? I've been doing other thing for awhile now and I've done a pretty good job of isolating myself between my blog time and time away.

Yesterday I went to a birthday brunch for a friend. It was very nice but I felt like I was in a terrarium outside the conversations most of the time. I need to talk to my accidental therapist C. She went through a phase like this 7 or 8 years ago. She is my accidental therapist because she called me once many years ago - identifying herself by her first name...

She asked me how I was doing and I blathered on and on about the state of mt breakup at the time. She gave me some surprising helpful suggestions and as I listened I realized that I wasn't sure who I was talking to.... I realized this was NOT the therapist I had been seeing for awhile to help me get my breakup...but it was someone who had the same name...someone I barely knew!

I was horrified, of course... and Amazed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home