View technorati.com Add to Technorati Favorites

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Brutal August

I've been missing my blog of late and but it looks like everyone else has been busy doing other things. School has started though my schedule hasn' t kicked in. I have much to do but there is veil of depression that has descended this month... I'm trying to be pro-active and maintain my sense of humor. This morning that awful song from Hee Haw descended on my psyche and I've been singing it all morning...

"Doom, despair and agony on me...deep dark depression, excessive misery. If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all...." Its so pathetic and over the top - which is why I love it. Yeah, I saw a more than a few Hee Haw's when I was a kid staying on the farm with my grandmother.
I think that's where I developed my fear, apprehension and fondness of things that many would consider hicksville... andy griffin, mayberry, bluegrass, gospel music, etc.

It is a beautiful day. I am determined to make the most of it. I have the chance to return to Paris in January and it looks like I'm going to do it... I just need to make some money before I go... any suggestions, anyone? My singing voice sure won't get me anywhere.

2 Comments:

Blogger Champurrado said...

Suggest you go.

There.

I said it.

8/24/2005 1:34 PM  
Blogger "" said...

Its my destiny. My only fear is that my real reason for going is to escape the things here that I cannot change.

It is a blessing, regardless!

8/25/2005 5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home