View technorati.com Add to Technorati Favorites

Saturday, August 20, 2005

pool gazing

Ok. Now its my turn to spin the wheel or squint my eyes and look into the pool. I think I've been watching other people spin and other people's reflections. Now its time to take my turn. Yikes.

Some of you may remember my comments regarding the power of Mars....whew, whew...! No one bothered or noticed and pointed out that the astrological event I was so excited about happened more than a year ago. This may be as good a metaphor as any for my ineffective strategies for making a career for myself.

We spent last night with my cousin, her husband and my aunt. They are headed to N. Virginia for a memorial service and stopped in for the night. I especially love to see them since Diana and I are about as close as two cousins can be. We've known each other out entire lives and are almost the same age. She recalled a great time she spent with a friend of mom's - Geno. He was the man my mom left her husband for...he was a man who made such incredible italian meals that Diana remembers the meals he prepared - 25 years later. We haven't thought of Geno since he married my Mom's roomate...not very cool and divine retribution for everyone in the long run. This morning my mom called to tell me that Geno has died. He had Lou Gehrig's disease. I don't know what such coincidences mean but they seem to be unfolding this weekend.

After learning that I won't be doing the big commission I learned that I have the option of working in Paris next winter. (more winter is a drag..., but I'll take what I can get)
If I decide to go I have to make it count. Working in Paris is an investment for an American. It is an artist residency in the center of Paris with studios for over 400 artists from all over the planet. MY goal, other than the production of new work, would be to find a GALLERY!

The dollar buys half what it once did and there are no guarentees I would have ANY dollars coming in while I am working there. Nada. If I decide to go I may be spending a lot of time on EBAY and selling everything I don't need. Its a lot to think about. The best thing is my beloved Mr. Amie is completely supportive. He will take care of our home and feline friends while I am away though we would both prefer that he come with me.

I think we need to walk over to the Japanese Gardens down the way and spend some time pool gazing.

2 Comments:

Blogger Foilwoman said...

I love that pond photo. That's all.

8/24/2005 3:44 PM  
Blogger "" said...

If you're ever in this neck of the woods I'll be happy to take you there.
Its not eden but its closest version I've experienced.

8/26/2005 8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home