View technorati.com Add to Technorati Favorites

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Biblical Weather

I've been talking about my work a lot lately. Its not what I do best but it is part of the job. I am a maker more than a talker although I find words to be facinating, inspiring, cheap, referential and stimulating. I've been reading Hemingway this summer. Good for inspiration. Bad for work. He's hard to put down.

Artistry and context combined with necessity and need....can a blog do all that? I think so.
I've read a few of late that come very close and its one of the reasons I haven't finished Hem...(!)

I am very connected to the two people depicted above. We have history and are all very committed to the relationship we have. Its a beautiful thing. I hope we can all make more time for each other this fall. Everyone stays so active the only time we make to 'sit on the porch' is when there is some sort of enforced stillness....(snow storm, power outage, biblical weather!)
The B-52s did a song about that way back when...on their Love Shack record. I realized then that those times have mostly come and gone unless I escape to Mississippi and visit my ancient relatives. (The big topic of conversation is usually what to cook for supper. My family knows how to cook. It comes more naturally than walking.)

Unfortunately I didn't inherit the cooking genes.

This piece above is titled "Perfect Lovers." by F.G. Torres. It works on so many levels... as time passes these two synchronized clocks become out of synch... much like we do in real life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home