View technorati.com Add to Technorati Favorites

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

knots and ties


I love this image of my friend, G. She is a force to be loved, admired, befriended, puzzled by. confused by and cherished...

We spent 4 or 5 monthes as neighbors back when we were at the end of one life and the beginning of another... a life where men were always left floating in the wake.

We live in different worlds now and don't hear from each other often. She surprised me a while back when she called me the first night I was back in her town. I hadn't heard from her in many years and had tried to track her down on the internet. I guess it worked.

Our time together late last year meant so much to me. We were both under pressure with our work but we tried to be there for each other. During my last 10 days in town she couldn't be reached and wouldn't return my phone calls or emails. I have tried not to overreact...which is what I am prone to do when I sense something is wrong with someone I care about.

I haven't pursued an explanation from her and I haven't written her but it not because I haven't wondered what the heck happened. She is a very European women... and when she becomes tired of someone she simply writes them off. Its a practice that I still don't fully understand and I guess I never will if I don't hear from her again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home