View technorati.com Add to Technorati Favorites

Monday, July 25, 2005

A lulu of a weekend

It finally came to pass. All of the Brooksians within earshot and bandwidth of my beloved and his friends gathered here to celebrate the life and work of Louise Brooks. Its not something I have been looking forward to except that it would be over and we would have some normalty in our life for awhile. It proved to be much more inspiring than I anticipated which doesn't surprise me since that's why I married the leader of the lulus. (I wasn't aware of this title at the time!)

My favrorite aspect of the event was meeting people he has been corresponding with FOR YEARS regarding their love of all things Louise Brooks. I expected super flakes or super eccentrics... like a theatre full of Trekkies wearing Brooksie Bobs!

It wasn't like that. Not at all! Art - like sports and jocks - proves to be common ground among charming eccentrics.
I am less of a charmer (I leave that to my spouse) but I do love meeting curious, passionate people and we were inundated with those. A dark theatre also proved to be the best way to escape a heat index of 100 degrees of more!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home