View technorati.com Add to Technorati Favorites

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Too many things and not enough clock


Today is my Mom's birthday. She is in California visiting my brother or I'd like to think she would be here. She always spoiled me on my birthday and I try to do the same when she is with me. I was her first born so I got all the themed birthday parties and the toughest discipline. Its a double edge sword, being the first.


If she were here we'd do something fun, memorable and appropriate for her 67 years of raising kids, grandkids, etc.


Since she isn't here, the time has come to conquer and divide the many tasks at hand on the home front. I've just returned from two days on a journey to NYC and back to see the show at Stux and the rest of the best in Chelsea. It was exhausting but worthwhile. We stayed at the Leo House in Chelsea which streamlined the experience a bit. I missed staying with Carole in Inwood but the time saved made a difference when the city heat initiated my slow but consistent meltdown. Carole came down on the train and we had breakfast at the Empire. It was a great way to start the day.

NOW is the time to begin the countdown for the Firehouse/Yellowhouse production of LULUPALOOZA. Maybe aftwerwards I'll understand everyone's facination with Louise Brooks. Yes, she had a great haircut and sounds like a real Lulu but...that is all I know. I'll leave the rest to the filmophobes and take this time to to prepare for their arrival.

10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home