View technorati.com Add to Technorati Favorites

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Counter-Weight


I've been in such a hole in my head the past week that I needed to counter it with something positve. Art isn't enough...but art about LOVE might be. Several years ago my beloved and I collaborated on a performance/installation piece titled "Venus Rising." It was designed to honor my muse, now OUR muse, Aphrodite and to attempt to tell her story in her words.

It was a great way for us to deal with a long distance separation. I was teaching across the country and he was holding down the fort at home. We emailed this monologue back and forth to each other for monthes. The final version was performed by an actress/muse we knew - in a galleries and performance spaces throughout the southern and mid-atlantic states and we've shown the video of it just about everywhere. Still, I think it is best experienced live... either by listening to Aphrodite tell her story or by reading it.

I will be posting several sections of the monologue each week at:

http://daysnightsofaphrodite.blogspot.com/


She reminds us to make love, not war. Love is tough enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home