View technorati.com Add to Technorati Favorites

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

fullness


I am full...
full of a lovely lunch from the cafe at the Roger Smith Hotel in Midtown... Full of one of the best pastisse I've been served in the United States... full of rich memories from the past two days with Bob, Irene, Carole and Katherine and Brennan, the last two new friends met through Bob last night. Carole, Bob and I had a wonderful meal with them at an Indian restaurant at 100 2nd Ave between 5th and 6th after a day spent wandering through various arts districts with Irene.

Irene and i met up at the Whitney earlier in the day... whose galleries we discovered are closed on Tuesdays(!) This is particularly unfortunate since Irene left NYC today to begin her journey home. MOMA was closed- as well as many, many galleries... all preparing for the art fairs and eeking out any business to be had during this economic downturn.

It seems that everyone on the train is coughing. People are bugging me for the extra seat next to me. I have made sacrifices during the past two days and feel I deserve this extra seat. I just happen to be sitting next to the cafe car and within easy reach of the entrance. That
was a mistake I won't make again when I need quiet and what privacy can be had in a hurling tube of metal. I pay more for a train excursion... so I think one deserves to have the space one needs as long as there are plenty of other places to sit. My preference is to protect this boundary and my health since the cost of the fare is more than double what I paid for the chinatown bus.

After Irene and I made our way to the Drawing Center in SOHO to see the best show of all ( emerging draw-ers) we crossed over to their Project Space and then to Deitch Projects and finally Artists Space. Carole met us there and we considered staying for a wine and cheese book signing... but they weren't comfortable. We left and found a cafe and spent an hour recovering from our day and discussing human rights in Dubai and China. Irene has seen it all since Valentines... virtually a worldwind trip. It'll take her a long while to digest everything she put on her plate for this excursion. I wish she could digest it here but alas, even she has go home once and awhile.

Home again, home again jiggedy jig. I've missed blogging and have spent many a sleepless night surfing through the words of many a friend and acquaintanced... I just haven't been able to clear my head with all that has come to pass since Valentines. Spring is here. I am better. My parents are well enough and my brother is hisself. All we can do is move forward and remember the love we shared before.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger John B. said...

Welcome back--from the trip, and to blogging.

No rush. Let things digest.

4/04/2008 6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home