View technorati.com Add to Technorati Favorites

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

too many words too little time

My sister in '81 0r '82 after the Willie Nelson concert at MSU.

I've missed having time to write, especially since there are many thoughts and questions I've needed to pour into this volumn of words and deed:

Why did my sister survive Katrina to be hit by a car on Valentine's Day? Why does Mr. dd have a compulsion to rub together the satin edging on the blanket at the foot of our bed?? It is as subconscious and one twirling one's hair or scratching their beard... Why do my cats (different in age and breed) kneed the bathrobe my mother sent me for my birthday? Why am I so miserable in my brother's company? Does art matter? Why can't Hillary and Obama get it together and be running mates? How did Foamy survive the journey home for my sister's memorial? It wasn't easy. None of it is easy. I need a drink. Or drugs. Or a good laugh. Or best of all - all three at once.

There are a plethora of words I can begin to answer these questions with but it wouldn't bring my sister back or our democratic front runners together. Instead I've been trying to focus on my students and the immediate matters at hand and on the horizon- art, travel, taxes, my family, thank you cards, my needy cats and maintaining close communique's with my parents. It isn't easy but c'est la vie.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger darkfoam said...

we all survived because of love ...
xoxo

2/27/2008 5:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i didn't know, i'm so sorry, what a beautiful photo, carefree and vibrant, that's how to remember her

3/04/2008 5:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She was all of those things and more. she'll be missed more than I'll ever know and was loved more than she ever knew.

3/05/2008 1:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home