View technorati.com Add to Technorati Favorites

Monday, March 03, 2008

wordiness

Many times over the past few weeks I've started sentences and been unable to finish them... particularly if I am talking. I've also reread a few things I've written and wondered if the same person who started these sentences was the same person who finished them...

Friends have said that there are no words.... but in my heart there is one thing I KNOW... words are as powerful and real as images... as the atoms we breath and are made of. The can be tonic, salve and toxin. They can change the way those same atoms resonate and respond to their environment. It is the closest thing to magic I know. Then there is the language barrier... or worse, the closed mind. Economy and simplicity can still win over these constraits with a few well chosen and thoughtful words, syllables of truth when all else fails. I do believe this is a truth that is self-evident... when I have faith in little else.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home