View technorati.com Add to Technorati Favorites

Friday, November 23, 2007

The Egg Bowl

I married a man who doesn't follow football (though he does have a fondness for cheerleaders) and neither does his Dad. My interest has grown from adolescent resentment (jocks, ugh!) to respect for a game that is as much about passion, risk and doing what one can with one's talent as it is about money. Do I follow the SEC? Not generally. DO I prefer Soccer? Yes. Do I wish as many people were interested in art as they are in football? Of course... though all in all, I've realized I have more in common with a football fan than a NASCAR fan... and I prefer an underdog to a superteam.

SO - I always root for the Bulldogs when they play the Rebels and Tech when they play UVA. The Egg Bowl isn't broadcast nationally but I found a website that shows the game's progression here. Rah, rah, rah... lets cross our fingers and cheer for those DAWGS!

update: It looks as if it would have been an exciting game to watch since those Dawgs came from behind in the 4th Quarter (from 0 / 14) to beat Ole Miss 17 / 14. My dad called at the beginning of the 4th Quarter and I knew he was bummed because it wasn't looking good for MSU.. but the sad part is he had already given up on them based on past performance... that's my dad. He doesn't really acknowledge that things can turn on a dime... in life as well as football. My Mom was sitting in the back drinking wine and rooting for her Dawgs because life experience has taught her that things can turn upside down in the blink of an eye. YEAH, team!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger darkfoam said...

okay, i'll pull for them.
yes, and that's why i watch sports at times. the talent astounds me. and i wish art had as many fans.

11/23/2007 4:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since your Daddy grew up 30 minutes or so from their dog pen I'd hope you'd want them to win!

11/23/2007 6:28 PM  
Blogger darkfoam said...

yes, of course..
and they did win..!

11/23/2007 9:03 PM  
Blogger K M F said...

cool

11/24/2007 5:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home