View technorati.com Add to Technorati Favorites

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

bruce sings background as trouble brews in paradise

Monday evening I indulged my affection of the man that's referred to as THE BOSS. After making many arrangements with friends and spouse (note, no reference to my beloved since he has to prove to me again that he is my beloved)... I was dropped off at the local coliseum where I was to pick up our floor seats and wait for my spouse and friend to park the car. It was a rainy, cold night. There was no line and I had our tickets in my hand within 5 minutes.

I waited for spouse and company. and waited. and waited. There was an overhang where I could stand out of the rain with other cold, wet Bruce lovers. We compared shows we'd attended and lamented that we hadn't made better plans with the people we were hooking up with. After an hour of pacing the coliseum thinking there might be another WILL CALL window he showed up with his buddies. They had been across the street drinking in a bar. I tried to shelf my disappointment and rage aside so I could enjoy the show but it never really went away completely. Bruce did his best. He captured my heart and took it places it needed to go with his rendition of The River and Darkness on the Edge of Town. He made fun of Cheney, compared keyboard skills with Bruce Hornsby and generally made fun of Carl Rove who is now waiting for his indictment... (Halleleuya!) And it was great!

Then I had to go home with a man who left me waiting in the rain for an hour so he could drink two beers with his college roomate. He didn't KNOW I was outside but didn't KNOW I was inside either (never mind that WILL CALL windows are ALWAYS outside....it didn't occur to him to look out for me or check on me or anything. He was right across the street. I should have given his damn ticket away and gone in and sat with a stranger. If there is ever a next time he should know that I won't hesitate doing just that. In the meantime I am trying to get over my disappointment in a man I have sworn to love, honor and protect. Didn't he take the same vow?

4 Comments:

Blogger Champurrado said...

That's some scary mad you have there. Makes me uncomfortable just reading this because I'm now worried that I may have some culpability here AND I DON'T EVEN REALLY KNOW YOU!!!

You've conveyed your fire here.

I'm going now. Don't want to get any on me.

I pity the fool; poor bastard....

10/26/2005 3:19 PM  
Blogger ..................... said...

I know what I'll do for you next time ya'll come to visit. We'll all pretend to run off to the store to get breakfast supplies, including coffee since there won't be any in the house (it will be hidden so he doesn't create more coffee
Chernobyl) We'll take 2 hours and go eat breakfast someplace and drink lots of coffee and meanwhile he will be stuck with my momma. How's that.

10/26/2005 4:12 PM  
Blogger "" said...

Dear Champ -
If my formerly beloved thought he could nail you with some culpability he likely wouldn't since he is now comfortably numb playing victim of my wrath.

We don't throw words or objects in our house, only blame and consternation. It sounds more civilized but we know its not. It does makes good art fertilizer.

Which reminds me, I had better go throw a sheet over the tomatoes and move my plants inside. We have our first frost advisory tonite.

Schauml -
Sounds like we have something to look forward to. I'll likely have jetlag when I see you next so please remind me why we are playing that game so I can enjoy it appropriately.

10/26/2005 10:23 PM  
Blogger ..................... said...

Oh yeah, that is right.
But aren't we perhaps seeing each other before that? Say around XMAS?

10/27/2005 4:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home