View technorati.com Add to Technorati Favorites

Friday, September 23, 2005

the real story

I have always loved Sylvia Plath and have always found her husband the poet Ted Hughes to be suspect.

Now I learn that his second wife, the woman he was sleeping with when married to Sylvia, also committed suicide. I have come to the conclusion, based on this, that he would not have a career if he hadn't driven these sensitive women to their end. What a sham.

I'd love to see this exhibition. Perhaps it would give me more empathy. Probably not.

2 Comments:

Blogger ..................... said...

What exhibition? I must be missing out on some info...
She did describe an episode in her autobiographical novel, The Bell Jar, in which she almost killed herself by swallowing sleeping pills during her junior year at Smith...
However, you are probably right, ole' Ted may be suspect, or maybe he didn't give good foot rubs, who knows.... I certainly don't know enough about it to make a judgement.
schauml

9/23/2005 4:26 PM  
Blogger "" said...

If you click on the title of the post there is a link to the article I read about an exhibition of Hughes/Plath papers.

Oh, he isn't a murderer, just a self absorbed prick who may not have had a career if he hasn't hooked up with these extreme women.

9/23/2005 5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home