View technorati.com Add to Technorati Favorites

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Past and Present


Folks I've known since I was a young but all grown up were here for several days. An artist and a writer, like Mr DD and myself, they are quite a pair. They brought their 12 year old son C. and what a great kid he is! He is an amazing young man with a heart of gold. We were very impressed with his poise, curisoity and good sense. (maybe he'll rub off on the rest of us!)

They all left today for NYC...it was hard to watch them go without me. I could use a trip to Chelsea or the Met for inspiration...but there are other things I need to be doing. Its also hard to find inspiration when trying to be navigator. I always managed this in Scotland but I was being paid AND there were other issues at hand (good scotch, for one!)

R. called a few minutes ago. They've been on the road for over 5 hours and are now creeping past Baltimore....I must admit I am glad I missed the traffic! I am not a sitter. It is not what I do best. I95 traffic is certainly something to be avoided whenever possible at this point in my life.

I just hope they make it into and out of the city ok. If so, I'll see them on Friday or Saturday. In the meantime my friend S. has an opening tonite of a show she curated. I would like to be there but it is too complicated without tranportation or time. The gallery is too much of a hike for my bike at this time of nite so my time is best spent in the studio if I can't be there. (here I go...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home