View technorati.com Add to Technorati Favorites

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Breathwork

Nothing heavy today. I've been buried in my studio putting off people who want to schedule meetings with me. These are people I like who I enjoy working with... but it is a huge distraction and not lucrative enough for me to break my stride in order to accommodate their needs. Why do I transport myself and my studio materials to the other side of the state, the nation, the world? To avoid telling people no. To avoid the distraction of telling them no. To avoid the judgement I must make on whether to say yes or no. MOST IMPORTANTLY: to avoid being called upon. Its not personal. Its business.

Of course I am distracting myself now as I wait for paint to dry and think about what to make Mr dd for dinner. We are celebrating the fact that he found his glasses. He's been miserable since Friday morning, supplementing his stigmatism with various reading glasses I leave around the house. Unfortunately they do him more harm than good since he spends all day writing at a computer and he needs his prescribed lenses. Voila! I found them this afternoon.

We were girding up to purchase a second pair which would have set him back a small fortune so it really was a blessing to be counted.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger darkfoam said...

now come to my house and find my friggin' glasses. they've been missing for a week. i have contacts but once i take them off at night i'm blind.
i wish i could avoid folks, but, alas, i can't.

7/23/2007 12:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I could, I would. I find deep cleaning of all areas where the lost object could be is very helpful. Even if you don't find them there is the sense of accoplishment from clearing the flat surfaces where life settles in piles and dark corners.

They will turn up in a place you've looked before, you can count on it.

7/23/2007 1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home