View technorati.com Add to Technorati Favorites

Thursday, June 21, 2007

the longest day

Mr dd and I were married near this site, not far from the port of Appin. It was built as a home by the Stewarts of Appin. The view from the castle includes the Isle of Lismore, famed for its strong religious community which dates back many centuries. With its Celtic connections and good strong Scotch the shroud of history made the present even richer.

I miss being in that part of the world in mid June. It was a big part of my life for quite a while. It was the most healing experience of my life which is wny we chose to be married there. It was so quiet you could hear the sound of cows pulling the grass out of the ground in the morning.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger darkfoam said...

happy summer solstice

6/21/2007 11:49 AM  
Blogger John B. said...

dd,
I wanted to thank you for stopping by my place and leaving a comment there by visiting your blog. I'm not sure how you found your way to my blog, but if you had not I would not have found your wonderful blog.

Thank you, ma'am. I look forward to returning again.

6/30/2007 9:44 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

Looks like a peaceful place.

7/01/2007 3:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

foam-
it wasn't the happiest or the saddest of solstices/anniversaries but it was a lovely evening.

jb, thank you for taking the time to visit. please stop by anytime. I am not someone who can post as often as I like but when I do I try to have something worthwhile to show or tell-

ww - it is one of the most peaceful places on the planet... the kind of place I dream of being in the am before I have my coffee... as well as during dusk with a shot of Oban or Glenmorangie, etc.

7/01/2007 3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home