View technorati.com Add to Technorati Favorites

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Spring cleaning


Things come and go. Our downstairs fridge exhaled its last breath and I've decided to replace it with a compact. Our alley clean up is next month so it is a good time to drag the old one behind the house and wait for it to disappear.

Once the old one is gone, well, then there is the task of cleaning behind it... and situating the new one in its place. This is the time to raise the curains, enjoy the view of the garden and drag out the old and replace it with something recycled, if possible. It was tough, deciding whether to buy a new smaller fridge or a second hand larger fridge. In the end, the possibility of a lower electrical bill won out - plus we are trying to buy less and buy fresh...more european and less processed. I've planted lettuce and spinach this year for the first time! I love picking the leaves from the pot and putting them directly on the plate. Yum.

We aren't very domestic, mr dd and I. We'd like to be. Better yet, we'd love to hire a wife or a husband to help us with these tasks. When Mr. dd asked me to marry him I said "Darling, I'll marry you and spend the rest of my life with you but I cannot commit to being anyone's 'wife..." He got it. He married me anyway. We manage. We manage best when we have the time and money to hire a house keeper.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger darkfoam said...

i just want a personal butler.....
all to myself
just for moi
nobody else

3/28/2007 7:25 PM  
Blogger Chris Herbeck said...

i didn't know you are an art teacher...wait..are you an art teacher?

I assumed from reading the post before this one..or is it after this one?

4/03/2007 8:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Foam and A.L.
Wouldn't it be nice to at least have an assistant to help me in the studio and everywhere else. Once I had an assistant to help with an art class I taught. That was the best! Art is messy and then there is the clean up and the organizing materials and documenting it. Yes, an assistant would do the trick. Mr A.L. - I consider myself an artist who teaches.

4/03/2007 11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home