View technorati.com Add to Technorati Favorites

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Holiday Bis es from around the world

Ah, so nice to see a friendly face from the other side of the globe.
Dear Sal saved me from my self Christmas of 2004. It was one of those dark winters when everything seemed to be going wrong with the technology in my life - starting winter solstice, as a matter of fact. She was there for me sharing her holy water and digital media until I could return home and visit the genius bar in the Apple Store.

Even more interesting than her willingness to help a new friend in need is Sally's performance work which can be viewed here . Her blog is linked in the title bar above and it includes links to many of the inspiring Australian's and Canadians whose paths mr. dd and I have crossed during the past two years. One thing I am still laughing about is how we image things based on our own experiences. I remember Sal being very homesick that Dec. We were both far from our homes and partners and it was dark and cold in Paris. She made arrangements to leave her residency early to be with her friends and family. She spent her last night in Paris on my floor and we talked about what we were missing. I remember picturing Sal with her rabbits, hubby, etc on Boxing Day, by the fire with a hot toddy. What I didn't envision was the hot sun of summer in Tasmania - which is what Christmas is for most of my Aussie friends. I can't imagine it, really. The "sanity clause" Marx brother's joke really hits home!

Anyway....Merry Christmas to all... and to all a good... (is it Christmas there already? Here we have one more shopping day!)

We won't get to celebrate with her or the other amazing Australians we know but we will be enjoying Australian leg of lamb tomorrow. I am sure I'll enjoy it but someone please tell me why we have to import our lamb all the way of Australia. Is is cheaper because of currency differences? It is probably more organic... has the beef lobby just elbowed out any other options here? Sorry if I've offended my vegan friends with all this but it is the season of carving turkey, et all. And to all a good night.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger ..................... said...

i'm stuffed....ate too much ham and turkey and rolls and pumpkin pie and and and...
so, ya'll got any of that lamb left over?
i'll be emailing you..

12/25/2006 3:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this year we opted for a joint effort.
the inlaws brought the turkey and I served marinated pork loin, candied yams and a huge salad. Not very traditional, I know but it was very satisfying. My favorite Xmas meals as a kid were when my Mom started serving steak and shrimp instead of traditional fare...

12/25/2006 11:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:)
schaumi

12/30/2006 7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home