View technorati.com Add to Technorati Favorites

Monday, February 12, 2007

step by step

It may snow later this week so I am anxious to get back to my walking routine around the great lakes of the neighborhood. I've been away for about ten days so my routine was broken and I've taken on the additional suffering of a major rhinovirus. It's been bedrest for close to a week - off and on of course. As soon as I think I am ok to tip toe out into the world the floodgates will open and my nose will run like a broken water main... or I'll start coughing like a TB victim. I'm tired of it but I haven't been to the MD because this crud hasn't been accompanied by a fever.

I caught it from a NY artist so I think its just a different bug than my immune system has encountered before. I've been pretty successful over the past season warding off colds with appropriate behaviors and supplements - but not this MF. Its a mucus monster - so much so those mucinex commercials have almost convinced me to try their product. I try to be media conscious and media literate to avoid being sucked into advertising. I think its the flea and mite of contemporary culture and until they invent a filter (art?) that is effective I try to shake it off like any good mongrel.

In the meantime, this bedrest if great for catching up on my reading and figuring out the ins and outs of the new and enforced blogger. I've already had some problems with it and I don't want to get sucked into changing my template since I know from fellow bloggers' experiences that will involve reworking ALL my links. That is a P.I.A that I'd like to avoid since my head is already full of mucous. I'd rather start a new blog... cough, cough, sneeze, sneeze.

Please send me your most effective home remedies if you have the time and the pity. I already know about bed rest, comsumption of fluids, vitamin C, echinacia, zinc, etc. Anybody know a good witch doctor?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

steam, hot toddies, more steam...
and then again the just plain old waiting it out while mr dd waits on you hand and foot...:)

di

2/12/2007 5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home