View technorati.com Add to Technorati Favorites

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Benefits of being Married to a Facebook Slut:

a detail of a painting by a friend who paints faces but is not into facebook

This morning Mr. dd seemed to be particularly interested in addressing a long standing leak in our master bath, such as it is. This is not like him. I reminded him I will be away over the weekend and I didn't want to come home to a flood on the first floor.

He announced that he now has excellent instructions because he posted in his Facebook update an announcement that he wanted to know how to repair a bathroom leak. SIXTEEN people responded with detailed comments that described how he might approach remedying the situation. I was dumbfounded and VERY amused since Mr. dd doesn't know the difference between an allen wrench and vice grips. It's not his thing. He is a man of words and action - as in acting and writing... not home repair. I had a good laugh, though.

It was even funnier, I thing - because I am in the middle of David Sedaris' "Engulfed in Flames" and sometimes I think I may have married a straighter version of Mr. Sedaris. Both make me laugh out loud and during the past eight years humor has made my life much richer than home repair. While our economy is being flushed down the toilet is seems like humor may be our greatest asset!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger darkfoam said...

good! if he keeps this up, next time he comes here, he can fix various things around the foam homestead .

11/22/2008 5:40 AM  
Blogger Foilwoman said...

A straight version of David Sedaris? You definitely have sleeping bag space in my living room if your need to sleep over after the inauguration. Really.

11/26/2008 9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Foam and Foil -
If only... Mr. dd talks good game in the home repair department but like Ms. Sedaris he is best at commentary.
Thanks for offering your living room floor, Foil. I'd love to meet your girls! 2009 seems awfully far away at the moment - so the inauguration seems more like a dream than anything else... but as soon as I begin digesting turkey later on today it is certain holiday hysteria will creep into my psyche. It's nice to have change to look forward to!

11/27/2008 8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home