View technorati.com Add to Technorati Favorites

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Travel Tip

My friend who told me the story below has a thing for Dr. Pepper. It's practically all she drinks. I won't get into the health ramifications of consuming too many soft drinks in this post but I will warn all of you who have such product addictions to research their availability before you pay great sums of money for a vacation.

She and her partner recently went on a deluxe cruise to the Bahamas. She had no Dr. Pepper for three days! The deluxe liner offered everything else - but no Dr. She was forced to drink tea for the duration of the cruise. Wine would have been my second choice but, hey, we all have our vices.

They arrived in the Bahamas where she spent the entire vacation in constant search of Dr. Pepper. Nada. She was miserable. She tried to enjoy her vacation but she had paid great sums of money and was forced to endure product withdrawal.

It's always good to know what to expect. I guess she could have rationed out a few liters of DP over the length of her vacation if she had known in advance and was able to bring some with her. I do that with Spiracha Hot Sauce.

When I will be overseas for several months I take several bottles with me. The sell a Spiracha sauce in Paris but its not the same. Its sweet. Yuck.

A little research goes a long way when one NEEDS a few of the essential comforts of home to enjoy one's time away.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

absolutely ridiculous!

...although i've vacationed plenty of a trip with a beloved who can spend plenty of time looking for a needed consumable item that is not always available...

actually it takes some of the fun out of a trip for me when that happens.

that's why i say ... absolutely ridiculous, i guess.

7/25/2007 10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As the companion of the sufferer it may seem ridiculous... but all suffering - ridiculous and otherwise - can be avoided with a bit of pre-trip research and packing! We've been trapped in a place without the things we need and it is tiring for ALL involved!

7/25/2007 12:21 PM  
Blogger John B. said...

[OT]
dd, if it's not too late (apologies for the well running dry), I have the questions you asked of me. Drop me an e-mail at "blogmeridian (at) sbcglobal (dot) com" so I can send them to you.

7/26/2007 7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home