View technorati.com Add to Technorati Favorites

Saturday, June 10, 2006

half empty or half full?


It is a beautiful weekend but I am not feeling all that well since there is a full moon and my gut is full of woe. It would be a good night to walk to catch a good film (are there any out now?) or have close friends over to drink wine and celebrate this unseasonal weather.

The cats and I have toured the house and there are half completed projects throughout. Am I A.D.D. or just an old fashioned procrastinaor or a domestic contractor waiting for my paycheck? Still, I would feel better and could move on to other things if the table top were empty. Our Florida room is half clean, powder room mural 1/3 painted, (our house was built in the 20's) garden 3/4 planted, kitchen 1/4 clean, website 1/2 updated, etc, etc, etc. These home projects don't even take into account the rental property that needs a lot of attention or the projects I have going on in my studio or my language studies. If I think about it all at once it keeps me up at night...which is why I am not the list maker I once was.

We'd like to see the new Al Gore documentary "An Inconvienient Truth". If we can get our bikes in working order (another project) maybe we'll go. Mr. DD and I are not car people. We watch the gas prices rise, know they'll go higher and we don't even use a lot of petro compared to the average American. I don't know how they pay for it. We are so eccentric compared to most people we know and still, we've had to cut down on "premium" consumables as much as possible. Mr. DD drinks PBR now instead of the local micro brew. I don't buy organic vegetables as often as I need to and we aren't buying anything from the nursuries this year. All of our garden bulbs, etc are transplants from friend's gardens.

As soon as we can we hope to buy a "fart car." Its a new automobile which runs off compressed air! Of course American automobile makers will likely fight the import of these innovative new machines which require NO OIL plus they are CHEAP!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger ..................... said...

same blood, same woes....
good news: we accepted an offer on your A. H's house....:)

6/10/2006 6:06 PM  
Blogger Le Magnifique said...

I am not keen on watching Gore's film. I hear it's based on his PR schpiel - I am disappointed in him. I'd rather watch "The Grizzly Man", which I have, and recommend.

6/11/2006 12:40 AM  
Blogger "" said...

le M -
Documentaries are what they are... if nothing else they should be informative.
When they are more then informative (like Farenheight 911) people are annoyed. When they are so strange and shocking (like Crumb) they become art.

We are fortunate to have a second run movie palace down the street so we'll give many a film a chance for only 1.99 - Al Gore or even Tom Hanks in the Da Vinci Code. We'll keep our eyes open for "The Grizzly Man."

S -
Congrats on the contract. Now the real work begins. I hope you'll post things being stored in the archive.

6/11/2006 10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home