View technorati.com Add to Technorati Favorites

Monday, May 15, 2006

Tagged but not forgotten

Ten things about me that you could live without knowing
1. I describe myself as a recovering academic.
2. My husband and I love walking more than driving.
3. If given the opportunity I'd be an expatriot.
4. I am the oldest child with a brother and a sister. We each live on opposite coasts.
5. My parents are still alive, divorced but exist in a surreal co-dependent relationship
that is difficult to watch, yet I am grateful they get along.
6. I share my home with two cats who rule the domain when I am not here. The 11 year old
Siamese is queen and the one year old is her joker.
7. My first "art" installation was based on the lunar calendar, created with baloney slices stuck on our sheetrock kitchen wall sometime before I started kindergarten.
8. I have terrible language skills. I studies German for four years in college and barely passed it. I've spent more time in Paris than I have most anywhere else and my French skills are tragic. I describe them as "pathetique" to Parisians who inquire.
9. I had two long term loves before I met my writer husband. They were talented but weak, needy but faithless. I am so lucky to be with man I married ten years ago on Summer Solstice 1996.
10. I come from an agrairian family but am a lazy gardener. Its my hidden shame. My garden is lush but only because I am stubborn and use trial and error to find the hardiest, most resiliant plants that can survive my neglect and periodic absences.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger ..................... said...

re: #7: Wow, way more inspired than I was at the time. I just doodled all over the walls in our house in Florida.

ps: I know I can talk to you anytime....but it is great to see you back in the blogging world..

5/14/2006 4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home