View technorati.com Add to Technorati Favorites

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

1991ish



I haven't been spending as much time in front of my blog this summer as I would like. Between my sprained ankle and a stiff neck I've been a bit of a mess. Sunday morning someone I met in 1978 telephoned to say she was in town. Aha! Everything was better!

Mr dd and I met she and her godson at the pool and, like always, time seemed to stand still. She emailed me this video this morning. I do not know the circumstance but in conversation that evening her God son, the kid on the keyboard, told us he found it posted on Youtube. He is now an anthropology grad student.

Why is it so shocking to see this video (?)... because it is so 1991(?)... so foreign to the time when I knew her(?) So many things changed between 1978 and 1991 that it hurts my brain to think about and it hurts... and delights.... my eyes to witness it here. I am charmed and yet horrified(!)... we were young... and now we are much less so.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home